| Amy Robson
Hey there! Welcome back to our Q+A Loves series, where we're looking at all the skin types and routines of our lovely Q+A Community! We've heard from Lucy and Rose from our Marketing team in previous editions, but today we've got a treat for you from a little further afield! I'll let Annie introduce herself, so let's get into it!
Tell us a little about yourself, and your place in Team Q+A
Hi! My name is Annie (or @youglowgrrl), I am 23 years old and I adore all things skincare! I started my Instagram back in 2019 as a way to be creative, share the things I love and meet other beauty-lovers like myself. I joined Team Q+A back in 2020, after receiving the brand's first ever PR box!
How would you describe your skin type and your skin concerns?
I would say my skin is fairly normal, it can get a bit dry and tight especially after I’ve cleansed. I am quite fortunate in that I don’t break out that often, unless it’s that time of the month. I occasionally get sensitivity around my nose - so whenever I use chemical exfoliants I tend to avoid this area as it can become sore and irritated.
What skincare goal are you looking to achieve?
My main skincare goal is to have glowy and healthy skin - when I feel like my skin looks radiant it makes me feel more confident. Anything that helps my skin get that radiant, dewy glow can go straight in my basket!
What is your routine now?
My usual AM routine would probably go something like -
1. Cleanse with the Q+A Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Cleanser which is my favourite for the morning.
2. Tone using the Q+A Niacinamide Daily Toner which is my is my holy grail Q+A product!
3. Serum, followed by Eye Cream. I've currently been reaching for the Neals Yard Remedies Wild Rose Eye Brightener.
4. Moisturise with a lightweight gel moisturiser. I've been enjoying the Dermalogica Biolumin-C Gel Moisturiser, I love Vitamin C in the morning.
5. SPF. La Roche Posay Anthelios Hydrating Sun Cream SPF50+ is my go-to, it’s hydrating, lightweight and absorbs really quick.
And my usual PM routine -
1. Balm or Oil Cleanser (I alternate between Q+A Grapefruit Cleansing Balm and Inkey List Oat Cleansing Balm!)
2. Second cleanse with the Dermalogica Daily Glycolic Cleanser which is my current go-to.
3. Tone (Again, Q+A Niacinamide Daily Toner)
4. I occasionally use an essence sometimes to give my skin extra hydration (I have been loving COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence)
5. Serum - the Q+A Zinc PCA Serum is one of my favourites, as it helps reduce the appearance of any blemishes I have.
6. Lastly, I layer on Night Cream or a Facial Oil. The Q+A Chamomile Night Cream is a staple in my regime because it’s so soothing and hydrating.
I then exfoliate 2-3 times a week and use a face mask depending on what I feel my skin needs, whether it’s extra hydration or a detox (some of my favourite masks are Q+A Activated Charcoal Face Mask and the Fresh Rose Face Mask). I love to switch up my routine particularly with serums and cleansers just depending on what my skin needs at the time!
Do you have a favourite product?
Oh absolutely, although I’m struggling to pick just one - so I’m going to be cheeky and give you two!
The Grapefruit Cleansing Balm - wow!! I was obsessed with this from the moment I tried it. To start with the buttery, velvety texture feels absolutely beautiful on the skin and the light grapefruit scent is divine and almost spa-like. This cleanser removes every trace of makeup and dirt whilst also leaving my skin feeling soft and hydrated.
And then, the Niacinamide Daily Toner - this was one of the first Q+A products I tried and immediately it became a holy grail product for me! It helps minimise pores, hydrate the skin, and calm blemishes and redness too - what more could you want? Whenever I use this my skin always looks so smooth and feels so supple. It’s worked wonders for me!
Any occasional treats you give to your skin?
I am a sucker for a good facial! Whenever I have some spare cash or if I have a very special occasion coming up I love to book myself in for one, but it is definitely a real treat (if I could get one every week I would!).
Thank you Annie! If any of her concerns ring true, or you're looking for the ultimate glow, you can get 10% off Annie's Q+A favourites, Grapefruit Cleansing Balm, Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Cleanser, Activated Charcoal Face Mask, Niacinamide Daily Toner, Zinc PCA Facial Serum and Chamomile Night Cream, until midnight on Thursday 11th of November using the code ANNIELOVES. And if you're interested in seeing more of Annie's skincare journey, be sure to head over to her Instagram and give her a follow!
*This content was created as part of a paid partnership with our lovely brand partner Annie Gilson @youglowgrrl*
See you next time!
Amy @ Team Q+A
Aspiring author, craft addict, and Q+A's eCommerce Coordinator